Events at New World Stages / The Green Room
New World Stages / The Green Room, your source for the best live entertainment in New York City. The venue offers a variety of performance spaces, including the intimate Green Room, the versatile Stage 1, and the expansive Stage 2. The intimate setting and world-class performers make New World Stages / The Green Room the perfect place to see your favorite show. It state-of-the-art venue offers a variety of performance spaces that can accommodate any type of show, from Broadway blockbusters and Off-Broadway hits to cabaret and comedy. It is the perfect place to see up-and-coming talent or catch a one-night-only performance.
The theater is located in the heart of the theater district, and offers a variety of shows to choose from. The Green Room is also a great place to catch a performance after work – the theater offers a variety of showtimes to choose from. No matter what show you see, you're sure to have a great time at New World Stages / The Green Room. The knowledgeable and friendly staff are always happy to help you find the perfect show, or answer any questions you may have.
The mission of New World Stages / The Green Room in New York City
New World Stages is a theatre complex in New York City's Hell's Kitchen neighborhood, occupying the former NBC Studios at Rockefeller Center. The complex includes five theatres: the 499-seat Stage 1, the 350-seat Stage 2, the 499-seat Stage 3, the 350-seat Stage 4, and the 199-seat Stage 5. The Green Room is the New World Stages' private club and lounge, located on the fourth floor of the building. The mission is to support artists and foster new work, and they are dedicated to providing a home for innovative and exciting theatre in New York City. The goal is to create an environment where artists and audiences can come together to share in the power of theatre. It offers a variety of programming, including mainstage productions, developmental readings, and cabaret.
Looking for a night out on the town? Check out one of New York City's many theatres! From Broadway to off-Broadway, there's something for everyone. Not sure what show to see? Check out the New York Times theatre section for reviews of the latest productions. You can also find tickets to shows on the theatre's website or on Ticketmaster.
Here are a few of our favorite theatres in New York City:
- Broadway: is a type of theatre in Manhattan in New York City. It is known for its large stage, elaborate sets and costumes, and for its many hit musicals.
- Theatre District: is home to some of the most famous theatres in the world, including the Broadway Theatre, the New Amsterdam Theatre, and the Majestic Theatre.
- Off-Broadway: the theaters are smaller, independent theaters located in the Theater District of Manhattan. Their typically produce new and experimental works, and attract a more diverse audience than Broadway theaters. Off-Broadway shows are usually less expensive and shorter than Broadway shows.
- Theatre Row: is a Theatre District located on 42nd Street in the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. The district comprises four Off-Broadway theatres, the New York Theatre Workshop, the Public Theater, the Signature Theatre Company, and the Roundabout Theatre Company.
Things to do in New York City
There's always something new to discover in the city that never sleeps. Here are some ideas to get you started. Explore one of the many neighborhoods—each has its own unique character and attractions. Take a stroll through Central Park or go for a run in Riverside Park. Visit the top of the Empire State Building or the Statue of Liberty. Check out some of the city's world-famous museums, like the Metropolitan Museum of Art or the American Museum of Natural History. Take a ride on the Staten Island Ferry. Sample the amazing food scene in New York City—from street food to Michelin-starred restaurants. Enjoy a night out on the town.
Famous shows or performers who performed at the New World Stages / The Green Room
The Green Room, one of the most popular venues for live theater in New York City. The theater has been home to some of the most famous shows and performers in history. Some famous shows and performers who have performed at the New World Stages / The Green Room include:
- The Book of Mormon;
- Avenue Q;
- The Phantom of the Opera;
- Jersey Boys.